Over 7,400 workplace training resources... thoughtfully curated & ready to use!
International Best-Seller! Interviewers are more apt to select the best person for the job when they use this Behavior-Based Interviewing strategy developed by Paul C. Green, PhD.
More Than a Gut Feeling™ is one of the most popular training programs ever. It has been used worldwide in organizations of all types and sizes. It provides practical, easy to use instruction that helps organizations:
- Significantly enhance recruiting & hiring
- Improve employee retention
- Leverage proven behavioral interviewing skills
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This revised and updated 4th edition features:
- Additional coverage on how to uncover behavioral predictors
- Meaningful insight on how a thorough job analysis can be the basis for developing effective behavior-based interviewing questions
- Practical interviewing techniques that help organizations build their best team, while saving time and money
More Than a Gut Feeling IV is based on the premise that people tend to perform in the future the same way they've performed in the past. The program helps interviewers go beyond making hiring decisions based primarily on how they feel about a candidate. Behavior-based questions enable them to gain specific examples of what a candidate has done in the past, and these examples then act as a predictor of how the person is likely to perform in the position for which they've applied.
This program teaches learners how to:
- Plan a logical, structured interview that includes pre-planned interview questions.
- Recognize the importance of developing an interview plan based on thorough knowledge of the job to be filled.
- Understand that a behavioral example is a specific life-history event - used to determine the presence or absence of a skill.
- Probe further and seek out behavioral predictors.
- Use interviewing techniques that allow for interviewer control.
- Make selection decisions based on facts and information — not on gut feeling.
- Use the concept of “the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior” and how it is important in the behavioral-based interview process.
- Recognize why some questions cannot be legally asked in the interview process.
Effective Interviewing & Hiring
World-Wide Best-Seller! Interviewers are more apt to select the best person for the job when they use this Behavior-Based Interviewing (BBI) strategy developed by Paul C. Green, PhD. Now in its 4th edition, More Than a Gut Feeling provides practical, easy to use instruction that helps organizations significantly enhance recruiting and hiring efforts, improve employee retention and equip managers (and others) with proven behavioral interviewing skills.
Interivewing & Hiring with Confidence
Let’s be honest… a lot of hiring gets done based on nothing other than a gut feeling. Assumptions... Intuition... And a lot of employee turnover results because that gut feeling, that assumption, that intuition just wasn’t very accurate. If you’re like most managers, one of your greatest fears is that you’ll hire the wrong person. You want to hire the person who, ultimately, will be the most successful in the job. You know that your operation will function more smoothly and will be more productive if the right person is in the right job.
Pricing: $995 DVD/USB with Leader's Guide, Self-Study Guide, Assessment, Workshop Presentation
Also Available: Interactive eLearning formats with pricing starting at $17/learner.
Target Audience: Hiring Managers & Supervisors, Human Resource Professionals
Video Length: 27 Minutes
Program Option: 2-Hour Instructor-Led Sessions
Available Languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazilian), German, French, Czech, Chinese, French Canadian, Polish, Russian, Bulgarian
Add-On! How-to Book: Interviewing: More Than a Gut Feeling ($19.95 each) and just released... Interactive Tool: Legal & Illegal Pre-Employment Questions